Certification and monitoring
As a manufacturer of building products, we are aware of our responsibility to both our customers and to our environment.
Our products are designed to provide protection for the entire life of the building. It is therefore particularly important to us that STEICO products are made to the highest quality. To this end, STEICO has installed a stringent quality assurance process. Both internal and external monitoring is done at the highest level. Primarily at our own, modern testing laboratory to ensure consistently high quality through ongoing sampling and testing and secondly by external third party bodies.
Confirmation of the quality of monitoring is carried out by the German Materials Office Nordrhein-Westfalen (MPA NRW), based in Dortmund. MPA provide a program of external control and monitoring.
Since August 2003, production and development of our wood fibre insulation materials at Czarnków site has been certified to ISO 9001:2015 by the TÜV South Germany.
STEICO was the first manufacturer to have their entire range of wood fibre insulation materials certified by the FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®). Thus the products are environmentally certified from the forest to the building site.
The STEICO group can demonstrate by these awards, their keen interest in the environment and reinforces its position as an innovative provider of ecological construction products.
Steico UK Ltd – Environmental Statement.
Steico UK Ltd recognises the need for sustainable development and continually aims to improve the environmental effect of its activities. To achieve this we will:
1) Establish sound environmental management by:
- Meeting or improving upon relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice.
- Making a clear commitment to implement Chain of Custody systems – FSC® & PEFC that target environmental improvements and monitor performance by regular review.
- Considering environmental issues in the decision making process.
- Developing a relationship with suppliers and contractors so that we all recognise our environmental responsibilities.
- Educating staff so that they carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Promoting an appreciation of the organisations’ environmental performance among customers, employees and the general public.
2) Provide for effective use of resources by:
- Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses of by-products whenever economically viable
- Promoting the efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout the organisations’ operations.
3) Provide information for the organisations’ products to be properly used, stored and disposed of, so as to avoid unacceptable effects on the environment.
Furthermore, our parent company STEICO SE, has, since its foundation endorsed an ecological policy of forest preservation and sustainable use of timber. This dedication has led to the certification of STEICO’s entire production range of softboard products by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®).